Some are hand-painted, some are totally digital, while some are hand-painted/drawn with digital enhancements done later. Chandra Bhanu Gupta on Tumblr 'Like' Chandra Bhanu's Art on Facebook

Saturday, March 2, 2013

A mid-19th century restaurant at Montmartre

The completed painting. A mid-19th century restaurant at Montmartre, the then principal artistic centre of Paris. I have tried to capture the mood and essence of the place, though I have never been there, let alone in the mid-19th century. Do forgive me if there is any mistake in my visualization. The saying goes like one could smell art in Montmartre's earth. One could find art in Montmartre's every facet and sphere. The footstep marks of the great master artists are possibly still there!!!!!! My humble, respectful salute to all their departed souls!!!!!!
Subscribe to Beautiful and Sublime by Email Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment